- How do I change the default page in Apache?
- Where is the default Apache home page?
- How do I change the default index HTML page?
- How do I set my default domain to a website?
- Where is Apache config?
- How do I remove apache2 Ubuntu default page?
- How do I open Apache in browser?
- How do I access Apache sites?
- How do I get Apache server?
- How do I change the default page in cPanel?
- How do I remove index HTML from my homepage?
How do I change the default page in Apache?
Apache file path/conf/httpd.conf
Change index. html or index. php to whatever default page you want. Restart Apache ~ Done.
Where is the default Apache home page?
All the configuration files for Apache are located in /etc/httpd/conf and /etc/httpd/conf. d . The data for websites you'll run with Apache is located in /var/www by default, but you can change that if you want.
How do I change the default index HTML page?
Change your home page index through the . htaccess file
- Login to cPanel.
- Then select the File Manager icon below the Files category.
- Next click the Settings button at the top right.
- At the popup window select your domain's root folder, make sure that the Show Hidden Files checkbox is selected and click Save.
How do I set my default domain to a website?
default. html, Start Page
- Go to your control panel and open the File Manager.
- Go inside the folder where you find default. html.
- Create a New File.
- Name the new file index. html.
- Whatever you put inside the index. html file will be your new home page.
- If you still see the default page, try refreshing (reloading) your site.
Where is Apache config?
The location of the Apache configuration file
On most systems if you installed Apache with a package manager, or it came preinstalled, the Apache configuration file is located in one of these locations: /etc/apache2/httpd. conf. /etc/apache2/apache2.
How do I remove apache2 Ubuntu default page?
Your comment on this answer:
- First stop the apache2 service if it is running with: sudo service apache2 stop.
- Now remove and clean up all the apache2 packages with: sudo apt-get purge apache2 apache2-utils apache2.2-bin apache2-common //or sudo apt-get purge apache2 apache2-utils apache2-bin apache2.2-common.
How do I open Apache in browser?
To connect to the server and access the default page, launch a browser and enter this URL:
- http://localhost/ Apache should respond with a welcome page and you should see "It Works!". ...
- http://127.0.0.1/ ...
How do I access Apache sites?
- 1Log in to your website with the root user via a terminal and navigate to the configuration files in the folder located at /etc/httpd/ by typing cd /etc/httpd/.
- 2Press the Insert key to begin editing the file.
- 3Save the changes by pressing the Esc key, typing :wq, and then pressing Enter.
How do I get Apache server?
How to Set Up Apache Server in Linux
- Update your system repositories. This involves downloading the most recent version of a software by updating the Ubuntu repositories' local package index. ...
- Install Apache by using the “apt” command. For this example, let's use Apache2. ...
- Verify Apache has been successfully installed.
How do I change the default page in cPanel?
How to set Default page for cPanel hosting account Print
- Click on "Settings" from the top right corner of the page. Select the Document Root.
- and make sure Show Hidden files(dotfiles) is selected. Remember to click save.
How do I remove index HTML from my homepage?
Removing index. html with mod_rewrite in . htaccess
- The RewriteRule directive has three parts, a pattern (^index\. html$), a substitution (/) and optionally some modifiers ([R=301,L]).
- In the pattern: the symbol ^ means "start with", and the symbol $ means "ends with". ...
- If the pattern is found (that is, if the request is to index.